Gone are the days where you handle electronic devices with individual remotes. Now you don’t need any multiple bulky remotes for everything. The primary reason you are here is either you lost or broke your old Sony smart TV remote control. So you launched at the right place to gather the apt information and knowledge about the best Sony replacement remote. Go further with the article to know in detail about the different universal remote control for Sony TV. The below-mentioned devices are universal remotes that can operate many other smart devices along with your Sony TV remote replacements.
How to Program a Sony Remote?
First and foremost, let’s review how to use remote codes to get the most out of your Sony TV. To program the Sony Universal Remote, use these methods.
- Turn on the device.
- Press and hold the SET button on the controller until the indicator flashes.
- Click the power button while holding on to the SET option.
- Stop holding the SET button and release it.
- Press the apt button for the device you are setting up.
- Enter the manufacturer code of the device you are setting up using the keypad. If there are multiple codes, try the codes one by one until you find the perfect match.
- Hit the ENTER key. Press the POWER button on the controller and point it towards the device.
Universal Remote Codes for Sony TV
SONY TV codes (3-digit):
SONY TV codes (4 digit):
SONY TV GE Universal Remote Codes (3 digit):
Sony Remote Replacements
Some of the best Sony Universal TV Remotes along with pros and cons are explained below. Check out the details of each remote and choose the right one for your TV.
1. Logitech Harmony Elite
The Harmony Elite is the most efficient and accessible Harmony remote available, plus it’s Alexa compatible. It can handle up to 15 gadgets simultaneously, allowing you to have complete command over your entertainment – and your homes. The very new design feature incorporates the finest elements of its forerunners. Color, touchscreen, motion sensing, and vibration feedback are just a few of them.
It also has a new button layout, voice integration, dedicated, connected home buttons, and a 20 percent larger replaceable, rechargeable battery. Despite its premium price, the Logitech Harmony Elite universal remote control is a significant increase over the previous model and ideal for today’s modern connected household.
- To mention a few names, Philips Hue, Sonos, Nest, and Samsung SmartThings are all functional.
- While enjoying Television, a 2.4-inch touchpad gives relevant information such as shortcut keys to channels with their trademarks.
- The Harmony Elite is easy to install, unlike prior Harmony devices, which needed you to connect the remote into a computer every time you tried to update the presets.
- You can combine so much equipment into a single, trustworthy system with only one controller or app.
- Support for ZigBee and Z-Wave demands an additional box.
- Minor difficulties with the touchscreen.
2. GE 33709 Universal Remote
This four-device remote control is as simple as they come. It’s build to interact with almost any gadget in your entertainment system, and it’s programmed to work as a cable TV controller. This universal remote comes pre-programmed for Smart TVs and Roku devices, making it an excellent addition. It also comes with an easy-to-follow online setup tutorial that ensures a smooth installation. To use your remote effectively, you may need to program it a little. Although it is excellent in general, it has certain drawbacks, such as a short battery life, which can be an issue.
It can operate up to four audio and visual components, such as televisions, Blu-ray and DVD players, and video streaming players. All mainstream tv brands, including Samsung, Sony, and Sharp, are supported by the comprehensive code package. The GE, which runs on two AAA batteries, can last for months without needing to be replaced. In addition, functions like master volume control enable the GE to adjust the volume on any device linked to the control. The multicolored A, B, C, and D buttons highlight, allowing you to access hardware favorites quickly.
- Various hues
- Very much affordable
- A huge code library
- You can’t manage more than four devices at once.
3. Logitech Harmony Companion
Harmony Companion by Logitech enables you to use your smartphone to control your entertainment and your household. It is compatible with lights, locks, blinds, thermostats, sensors, home entertainment devices, and more, all of which can be controlled via the Harmony remote or the Harmony mobile app. For example, you will be able to set the lighting in your room to lower instantly as needed and also turn on numerous devices with a single touch, set custom schedules, or use sensors to control them.
In addition, you can control your devices from anywhere in the house, which is an added benefit. The Logitech Harmony Companion is a one-of-a-kind universal device that is amazingly lightweight and slim and functions by RF rather than IR, so it doesn’t require line-of-sight to your devices. It has one-year battery life. In comparison to previous versions, the redesigned software makes the installation process a lot easier.
- Controls up to eight devices.
- Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant are both supported.
- You can use the app or the remote to control the device.
- Setup procedure takes a long time
- Harmony app can be glitchy at times
- There isn’t a screen on the remote
- Also, there isn’t any backlighting on the remote
4. Coolux Universal Remote
An affordable selection is the Coolux universal remote, which only demands batteries and is ready to use. It even has a switch for the rear light in terms of usability aspects. You can also use it to operate an LG soundbar, giving you a complete media experience. All Sony LCD, LED, HDTV, and 3D Smart TVs are compatible with the Coolux Universal Remote Control. With a black, gray, and red design, it appears to be a typical remote control.
The good thing regarding this control is that it was created specifically for use with Sony televisions. Therefore, there is no need for any particular pairing or setup. You can choose from a range of applications on the remote. Channel and volume control glow to make it much easier to use. The device is automatically linked to the TV after the batteries are installed. It might even outperform your original control system. The majority of users think that this device does an excellent task without requiring any programming.
- Works perfectly well with Sony TV
- Is inexpensive and super affordable
- Does not require any programming
- Batteries are not included in the package
- It does not support any of the smart devices
5. SofaBaton U1
You can control up to 15 entertainment devices With One Universal Remote. The SofaBaton U1 Universal Remote Control is an excellent choice. It comes with a mobile application that allows you to turn on many gadgets with just one quick tap. In addition, motion-activated wake-up is available on the control. You can also exchange up to 15 remotes with the company’s assistance.
The remote, two AA batteries, and beginner guide instructions are all included in the package. The remote is 8 inches long, 2 inches broad, and 1 inch thick. The IR blaster is located on the back of the device. It’s simple, although time-consuming, to manually add remotes that aren’t on the list of devices. The only difficulty you may have is that it may fail to connect at times while creating a button.
- It’s simple to program and utilize.
- It’s effective and works well
- Handling is a breeze.
- When replacing lost or broken original remotes, default configurations provide primary functionality.
- There is no screen like Harmony’s, no additional buttons for numerous TV inputs can be added.
- It may require two clicks to start up the remote after it has gone to sleep, wake it up, and activate the keys.
6. Logitech Harmony 665
The Harmony 665 is one of Logitech’s most affordable universal remotes, and it’s a well-designed tool. It’s not only pleasant to hold, but it’s also simple to operate, allowing you to control anything in your entertainment center. The Harmony 665 does not require an extra Wi-Fi-connected hub, unlike Logitech’s more expensive Harmony remotes, making installation more complicated. To configure and make modifications to the control, you must connect the 665 to your desktop.
This display is especially helpful because it displays the name of each control in the message next to one of the four adjacent buttons, making transportation much easier. The remote is also completely illuminated, which comes in useful at all times. However, all of this comes at the price of ergonomic principles and accessibility.
- Simple to use and program,
- Comes with an elevated appearance and experience
- Has a wide device database.
- A big plus is the backlit buttons.
- If it is dropped, it will lose its status.
- It is simple to restore it, but it can be annoying.
7. Sony Factory Remote Control
Sony has designed and manufactured this remote control. It features a smooth practical design, and the customer will find it quite relaxing to handle. It’s compact and lightweight and is compatible with practically all Sony TVs. It is only 4 ounces in weight. This Sony TV Remote control, which is 8 x 2 x 0.5 inches in size, is powered by Alkaline batteries. It communicates with the receiver via infrared technology. It uses infrared technology to operate. The keys are well-placed and easy to operate. It’s a tiny, slim, and ergonomic remote control. Buyers who are specifically looking for the best Sony remote control products would love this product.
- Simple to Use
- Light in weight and sleek
- Ergonomic Design for comfort
- Cheap and reasonably priced
- Fewer Buttons
8. Sony Genuine OEM RMF-TX300U
Another official Sony Factory Remote control with several prominent variants is next on our list of Sony Smart TV universal remote controls. For an OEM replacement remote, this is now Amazon’s Choice. It has the same functionality as the remote that came with these TVs out from the package. However, it will not allow you to combine numerous remotes or interact with your smart home gadgets. The Sony RMFTX300U Genuine OEM LED Smart TV Remote Control has been created specifically for Sony televisions.
This remote control has specific Google Play and Netflix keys for use with Sony televisions with Google Play and Netflix software pre-installed. In addition, it comes with its own intelligent voice control system and touchscreen display to assist you in finding content to watch on your streaming apps. The global remote-control gadget is simple and exquisite in appearance, and the remote finder is one of the best in the league.
- Specially designed for Sony Tv
- Best deal under $50
- Cannot control other smart devices.
9. Logitech Harmony Express
Harmony, a branch of Logitech, provides excellent universal remote controls than almost anyone else. The Harmony Express is intended to manage a single media center in a single room, centered on your television. The remote recognizes your TV’s credentials and displays them graphically in the app. A huge infrared blaster that sits next to your entertainment center and an IR micro blaster that controls audio and video equipment make up the architecture of the Harmony Express.
There are only three button rows on the 5.25-inch-long, 1.75-inch-wide remote. Users can manage all of their stuff with any member of the Echo family once users have now configured the Harmony Express to their entertainment center. The Harmony Express achieves an excellent mix of strength and intricacy. It’s quite simple to install and takes advantage of Alexa’s power to manage devices using voice recognition.
- Programming is a breeze.
- Harmony’s large code database is combined with Amazon’s Alexa competence.
- Easy to master
- To integrate an entertainment system with smart home automation, you’ll require the Harmony Elite.
- It won’t find all of your devices on its own.
- Only one micro-IR blaster is supported.
10. Sony RMVLZ620 Universal Remote
Despite its low price, the Sony RM-VZL620 has all of the features you’d expect from a high-quality universal remote control. The grid-pattern keys are placed out logically in typical Sony fashion. However, the proximity may require little adjusting. Although the volume and channel sliders are sizable and convenient to use, they are not illuminated for night use. The Sony RM-VZL620 can control up to 8 devices and is pre-programmed to work with Sony goods. If you don’t have a Sony device, the RM-VZL620 takes codes from most other manufacturers as well.
Despite the fact that the “custom function” keys do not follow any color scheme, they can be configured to operate a wide range of functions. The Sony RM-VZL620 is the greatest budget-friendly option for big home theatre systems. This controller is capable of controlling any AV equipment and comes with a slew of useful capabilities. The numerous one-touch functionalities will help you optimize the procedures and save your time and effort in clicking more function keys. The body is sturdy and comfortable to handle. This Sony universal remote is a wonderful product for the price, weighing only 5.3 ounces.
- Compatibility is good
- Lightweight and slim
- Comfortable Design that is Simple to Use
- The proximity of the buttons is excessive.
A universal remote implies a more orderly living area, fewer remote controllers strewn about, and greater convenience. With just one tool, you can organize everything properly. If you’re considering purchasing a universal remote, you should absolutely do so. It not only saves work and energy but also makes it easier to manage your appliances. Furthermore, you can choose the ideal choice for your needs from all of the possibilities offered online. After reading our evaluation, finding the finest Sony universal remote control won’t be as difficult as it once was. All you have to do now is pick one of the Sony remote controls from our list of recommendations.