An efficient VPN is best for people who are using a Firestick. NordVPN is one popular VPN that has come up with an app designed to meet Firestick requirements. It has a large network with 5400 servers that have been spread across 59+ countries worldwide. One can get NordVPN for Firestick from the Amazon app store or through the downloader app. With double VPN protection, this app has great encryption. You can easily connect up to 6 devices simultaneously with a no-logs policy. However, some might face trouble in installing this application on Firestick. Precisely for them, this article comes furnished, which gives a detailed guide for successfully installing NordVPN on Firestick. Along with a complete installation guide, this article caters to throw light on some other major aspects of NordVPN Firestick.
Everything about NordVPN
Some major features that NordVPN comes laced with are:
- It offers a great experience with more than 5400 servers scattered around 59+ countries.
- Due to its large server network, this application allows access to any geo-restricted channel from any country that you may wish.
- NordVPN provides a double encryption feature that means connecting to one additional server becomes possible before the final destination.
- Simultaneous connection with up to 6 devices allows sharing connections with family and friends.
- With the help of a Kill Switch feature, NordVPN kills the internet if VPN connection drops. Thus, it keeps any original IP address protected.
- This connection protects an IP address or keeps it safe when using any public wifi. In addition, it hides the current location keeping it secured from hackers.
Method 1: How to Download NordVPN on Firestick through Amazon App Store?
Does NordVPN Work on Firestick? Yes, it works well on your Fire TV, if you properly installed following the below methods. If you are new to Firestick or using NordVPN for the first time, then it is quite obvious that you might be stuck up with a few things. These steps on how to install Nord VPN on Firestick will help maintain it successfully:
1. First, open a Firestick device and go to its “Homepage”.
2. On that page, there appears “Settings”. Go to “Applications”.
3. Open the app store list and type “NordVPN” in the search menu on the top left corner.
4. A list of options gets generated. From them, select “NordVPN app” as shown.
5. Go to “Download” or “Get” as it may appear on your screen.
6. Wait for this NordVPN Firestick app to install. When its installation process is completed, click on “Open” to start it.
Method 2: How to Load NordVPN on Firestick by Manual Installation?
To get NordVPN for Firestick by adopting the manual method, follow these steps:
1. Launch Firestick on the homepage and go to “Settings” on the top right.
2. Navigate to “Device” and then select “Developer Options” from those menus that appear.
3. Under “Developer Options,” find “Apps from unknown sources” and turn in “ON”.
4. Now return to the home screen, and in its search bar, type “Downloader”.
5. Click on “Get” or “Download” to install the app. Then, wait till its installation process gets done.
6. Now open the app, type URL “https://NordVPN.com/download/android/” and select “Go”.
7. Navigate to “Download apk” to get the NordVPN APK Firestick file on your device.
8. When its download is complete, it will ask you to install the file. Click on “Install” on the bottom right corner.
9. After this installation process is complete, go back to the homepage, select “Settings,” and then open “Applications”.
10. Under “Manage Installed Applications,” select “NordVPN”.
11. Click on “Launch Application” to get started with this application.
How do I Login to NordVPN through Firestick?
When you are done with the installation process, you might be wondering how to use NordVPN with Firestick. You can create the account in the official portal of NordVPN. If you already have one, you can login directly with the credentials, else sign up to create the new account. After creating, if you have no idea about how to set up NordVPN on Firestick, these steps can be helpful:
1. Subscribe to NordVPN and launch it on a Firestick system. Remember the NordVPN Login details that you entered while creating the account.
2. Once it opens, click “Login” or “Sign UP” to create a new account.
3. Enter “Username” and “Password” in the space provided for signing in NordVPN on Firestick.
4. When successfully logged in, check out the NordVPN interface.
5. Navigate through “All countries” on the screen and connect to a server choosing the location of your choice.
6. After selecting the desired server, click “OK” to continue.
How to Control NordVPN on Firestick with Mouse App?
One can always connect their Bluetooth mouse to FireTV and use it anytime when desired. Apart from this, using a smartphone or tablet to control the device remotely can be helpful. The TV remote app provided with Amazon does not offer an adequate mouse control. There are several other apps available for Android and iOS appliances that one can use conveniently on FireTVs. Get the app “Remote For Fire TV” that is available for both Android and iOS.
1. It is possible to get the app “Remote for Fire TV” on both a Firestick and phone or tablet. For Android, you need to go to the Amazon app store and not Google play.
2. Once the app is installed on FireTV, open it and ensure that the first item is toggled “ON”.
3. See its status indicator on the bottom that says “Started”. Take note that your Firestick and Android phone are connected to the same wifi network.
4. Find your Firestick in a tablet or phone app to connect to it.
5. Click on “Mouse” and then use your phone or tab screen as a laptop touchpad.
6. Tap the screen to click. Use s-up and s-down buttons to scroll.
7. Now, open NordVPN and use it with a remote app. Sign in and connect to any server that you wish to connect with.
How to Uninstall NordVPN from Fire Stick?
At any point of time, if an individual wishes to uninstall NordVPN from their Firestick, then these steps can come in handy:
1. On Firestick Homescreen, go to “Settings” and then “Applications”.
2. Select “Manage Installed Applications”.
3. Scroll down to locate NordVPN in order to delete it.
4. Click on “Uninstall” to remove that application.
Updating NordVPN on Firestick
For a better experience, it is preferable to update NordVPN regularly if using it on any Firestick gadget. Since this one keeps on changing the IP address, for enhanced features, get the updated version of it. If this server is installed from some third-party app store, then check for its updates manually. Suppose there is any update available, get the new APK file, and install NordVPN on Firestick with the same method as stated above. This time there will be an “update” option rather than “install”. Proceed in the same way as stated above.
How to Cancel NordVPN Subscription?
1. Go to NordVPN.com and log in to your account by entering the required credentials.
2. Go to “Dashboard,” and under “My Services,” click on the menu button that is in 3 dots. Select “Cancel automatic payments”.
3. A pop-up window appears that asks to “Confirm Cancellation”.
4. A window appears on the screen that states that “Your automatic payments have been canceled”. Now, click on “Close”.
NordVPN Keeps Disconnecting on Firestick
NordVPN provides security against online cyber threats and keeps our privacy protected. But many people sometimes face some connection issues and try to figure out why NordVPN keeps disconnecting with Fire Stick. Random disconnection leaves a network unsecured and completely exposed to cyber threats. To deal with this VPN dropping connections, try going through these steps:
- Connect through a strong wifi network that offers a stable connection that doesn’t give access for connection to others.
- When connected to NordVPN, keep your device and network stationary.
- Try to use this server for only a shorter time interval.
- If required to connect the app through mobile data, ensure that you are at a location with the strongest signal.
- While connected to this server, limit data use as videos and images take up a lot of data.
Choosing NordVPN Over Other VPNs
Amongst various available VPNs, why choose NordVPN to unblock content on Amazon Fire Stick? Well, here are some answers to that question:
- Due to some restrictions, many services offer availability that is only specific to a region. The player overcomes these geographical limitations and allows access to all media services.
- It efficiently unblocks torrents allowing complete access. If using it on a desktop, then this application comes with an advantage of P2P sharing.
- With the fastest speed that it offers, this server is expected to have up to 90% of the original wifi speed.
- With double and sophisticated encryption technology, NordVPN protects all data from cyber threats and keeps any individual’s privacy completely safe.
- By allowing 6 connections simultaneously at a time, one can conveniently share it with a family setting multiple devices.
ExpressVPN vs NordVPN
Confused about which VPN network to choose for Fire TV? Then comparing these 2 high efficient VPNs will ease such worries. ExpressVPN is based on BVI and is fast enough to offer uninterrupted streaming. This app comes with the fastest speed that is available and is based in Panama. It provides 6 connections for adding simultaneously. ExpressVPN is great for unblocking a wide range of region blocked streaming services, and through NordVPN, you can unblock geo-restricted services from abroad. ExpressVPN also offers custom router firmware and split tunneling.
Alternatives to NordVPN
Though NordVPN serves to be the best amongst several other VPNs for Fire TV, there are some other best alternatives for it. ExpressVPN and IPVanish are the top-rated NordVPN Firestick Alternatives that might prove equally productive. These apps are quite user-friendly and do not create much trouble. They can easily function with a FireTV remote and show updates automatically. Some users also go with CyberGhost, Surf Shark, Vyprvpn, TunnelBear, and Perfect Privacy.
When talking about various VPNs for uninterrupted streaming, NordVPN undoubtedly turns up to be the strongest server in terms of encryption. It keeps any network safe and secure over the internet, offering entertainment through Live TV channels worldwide. With abundant smart features, it lets users unlock the full potential of their electronic gadgets. However, many people have a thought in mind, is NordVPN safe? To their surprise, this server is not only safe but also provides full security for a network and IP address while using public wifi. Its double encryption system is what makes this app stand out from others. This complete guide for NordVPN on Firestick will be helpful to you if you are using this VPN on your device.