The LG universal remote control is designed to work with all new and old variants of LG TVs. It includes features that work with all common LG functions like menu, guide, energy-saving, netcast, and 3D. The One for All remote can easily replace your lost remote at an affordable cost. There isn’t a single person who hasn’t tried to control their TV and has struggled to either turn it on or change the volume, or switch to the desired channel. Thankfully, there are universal remote controls that help us solve this problem. But they’re complicated to use and need programmed codes to work with specific televisions.
The LG smart TV remote options are plentiful. There are endorsed and unauthorized remotes, as well as universal remotes. Unfortunately, it can be a little confusing figuring out which one best suits your requirements, especially if you don’t know exactly what your TV is compatible with. If that’s the case, we will suggest you check out our article on why every home should have a universal remote to get started.
So without further delay, here are your five best LG Smart TV remotes to control your TV and entertainment in any budget.
5 Best LG Replacement Remote Controls
If your LG remote not working and you are looking for an alternative, get the right one from this guide. Below are the best universal & replacement remotes for LG TVs that you can use instead of the default remote that you got with TV.
1. Logitech Harmony Elite
The Logitech Harmony Elite is a remote that doesn’t just control your Smart TV but several different devices in your house, allowing you to have full control on your fingertips. Not only that, but it also has a touchscreen interface and additional features like activity-based control and app control, allowing you to turn your mobile device into a remote. It comes in a package of advanced features that make it effortless to control your entertainment, which, incidentally, is one of the most important functions of remote control. In addition, you can view and choose from 16 different color options to ensure that you will find something that suits your personality and décor.
- System comes with a beautiful color touchscreen control panel.
- It’s a multi-functional remote control along with a built-in speaker system.
- Google Home integration is also present with voice search capabilities.
- Needs a constant Internet connection.
- It’s extravagant.
- To use all features of this remote, you must have more smart devices.
2. Logitech Harmony Companion
The Harmony Companion is essentially the same as the Harmony Elite, but without the color touchscreen. Instead of the touchscreen, it uses a collection of buttons to perform the same functions. You can still use your phone with it, but you’d have to download the Logitech Harmony App into it. The app is compatible with iOS and Android plus will then provide all the functionality that comes with the touchscreen remote. So, for those of you who love to command their favorite program, it’s about time that you get your hands on this Logitech Harmony Companion Universal Remote Control. Aside from the fact that it has a simple design and is easy to use, the device has a sleek black color which will complement any part of your home theatre.
- Compatible with most smartphones and tablets running on Android or iOS.
- Logitech Harmony app offers dozens of entertainment options, including thousands of movies, shows, and songs.
- Over 6 devices can be controlled altogether.
- It’s a bit expensive.
- Needs a 24/7 Internet connection.
- Sometimes takes longer to set up with the app.
3. OEM LG Magic Remote
If you own a smart TV and look for a remote with more features, you can buy the OEM LG MAGIC REMOTE. It is relatively cheap and comes with many features that will help you control your TV with minimal effort. The LG Magic Remote not only allows you to control your smart TV, but it also allows you to control your multimedia devices and home appliances as well. The remote is Bluetooth compatible so that you can pair it with your smartphone or tablet as well via Near Field Communication (NFC). OEM LG Magic Remote Control is designed with a simple, intuitive user interface. This, more than anything else, allows you to use your TV as efficiently as possible. This works as the best LG smart TV remote control that sports a built-in microphone and an accelerometer feature, allowing you to enjoy voice commands and shake gestures to operate the TV.
- Can pair multiple devices.
- Affordable in Price.
- Dedicated buttons and Voice command enabled.
- Only compatible with a limited number of devices.
- Works on batteries.
- Some users struggle with its operations.
4. Gvirtue AKB75095307
The major functions of Gvirtue remote control compatible replacement for LG series TV include all TV functions such as turn on/off, change the channels, adjust the volume, switch to other functions such as PC or Blue Ray, and others. The remote control is an ideal replacement for your original controller. This remote control is a compatible replacement for LG series TVs. You can use this high-quality case to replace your old remote, or you can also take it as an additional remote. You will be surprised by its extraordinary performance and design while you are using it. The Gvirtue remote control AKB75095307 is a high-quality replacement remote that gives you complete control of your devices or receiver on one easy-to-use unit. The buttons have the same function as the original, and the touch keypad is very convenient for text entry and channel numbers.
- Fit Model
- Not at all expensive
- Fast Response
- Precise Signal Transmission
- It’s not durable and long lasting like other remotes.
- Buttons turns hard to press over a period of time.
- Standard in looks
5. Nettech LG23AL Universal Remote Control for LG TV
Nettech LG23AL a smart TV solution that will cover the universal remote need of the vast majority of people out there. However, it’s not necessarily the most convenient for everyone. Just be warned that if you’re looking to upgrade or replace your remote for an LG set, this is an easy choice. The Nettech LG23AL is an interesting remote – it’s legitimate by the FCC, but it doesn’t come from LG. There are no specific LG keyboard or features on this thing, but that’s not as much of an issue as you might think. This best universal remote for LG TV will do anything you need to do with your LG smart TV, and that is all that matters.
- Not very expensive.
- Compatible with all LG TVs.
- Easy to operate.
- Less durable.
- Poor build quality.
- Not compatible with other devices.
LG Universal Remote Codes
There are various codes available for LG remotes. Each code signifies its use accordingly. However, it’s recommended that before using any of the codes, make sure your remote works properly. The purpose of the codes below is for using a universal remote control on LG televisions with the factory-supplied remote that came with your LG television. These can be programmed to work with a universal remote control that can program 3, 4, or 5 digit codes.
- LG 3 Digit TV Codes: 512, 505, 553, 627, 773, 766, 520, 678, 420, 615, 653, 506
- 4 Digit LG TV Codes: 1002, 1004, 1005, 1014, 1025, 1078, 1081, 1095, 1096, 1097, 1098, 1099, 1100, 1101, 1111, 1128, 1130, 1132, 1134, 1144, 1149, 1171, 1205
- LG 5 Digit TV Codes: 10442, 10856, 11423 (LG DirecTV remote code), 12358, 13397, 13979, 12864, 12612, 12867, 10017, 11265, 10178, 11178, 11530, 11637
- LG Bluray Remote Code: 615, 673, 824, 899
- Universal Remote Codes for LG DVD Player: 2371, 2352, 2297, 2039, 1983, 0571, 0741, 0591, 2339, 2270, 2368, 0869, 0801, 0591, 2303
- LG TV Remote Codes Dish Network (Basic): 627, 535, 645, 002, 615, 047, 564, 056, 718, 080, 653, 115, 654, 196, 813, 221, 766, 501, 553, 503, 522, 773, 545, 720, 779, 650, 693, 711, 730, 804, 805, 809, 775, 830, 831, 859
LG TV Remote Replacement
A universal remote is a remote control that can control multiple devices. The codes you need to program your universal remote to operate your devices are usually supplied by the manufacturer. You can try out all the codes on this article and pick the one that works for you. Using your own universal remote to control your devices will not only save you some money but can also be much easier than programming each device. If your universal remote is compatible with learning, you can set the programmable functions to do exactly what you want.
How to Program LG Remote?
Follow the below-mentioned steps for LG universal remote setup:
- Connect the device you wish to program with your universal remote.
- Use code 123 from your magic remote to open the Universal Remote Settings.
- Head on to additional devices settings and click the Start option, which leads you to a screen that reads, “This function will only work with the Magic Remote.”
- Press “OK,” and a list of the type of device you wish to program appears.
- Select your device and manufacturer, press “OK.”
- Upon completing your remote configuration, tap on the “Complete” button to gain control of that particular device from your remote.
How to Program DirecTV Remote to LG TV?
To program DirecTV remote to your LG TV, follow the mentioned steps:
- Press the Select and Mute button simultaneously until the green light flashes twice.
- Now point your DirecTV remote to LG TV and enter the code 10178.
- At this moment, you’ll notice the green light flashing four times.
- Now your remote is connected to the LG TV with full functionality.
How to Program Xfinity Remote to LG TV?
There are two ways to program the Xfinity remote to the LG TV. If there is a setup button in your remote, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Turn on your TV.
- Press and hold the Setup button until the light at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
- Enter the 9-9-1 code, and the light should flash green twice.
- Hold CH ^ until the TV turns off.
- Once the TV turns off, press Setup to lock in the code.
- Press the TV Power button on the remote.
- Now you’re remote is ready and programmed to use.
However, if there is no setup button in your Xfinity remote, then you can prefer the following:
- Turn on your TV.
- Press and hold the Xfinity and Mute buttons together for five seconds until the light at the top changes from red to green.
- Type the first five-digit code for the TV manufacturer.
- If the remote light blinks green twice, the code is correct.
- Aim the remote at the TV, and press the Power button.
- If the TV turns off, turn the TV back on and make sure the Volume and Mute buttons work.
- If the TV doesn’t turn off, try the next code.
How to Reset LG Remote Control?
If you face any issue with your remote, you can reset it anytime to its prime. To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Simultaneously hold the Home and Back buttons for 5 seconds.
- The light will blink twice to confirm your process.
- Point the remote to the TV and press “OK” to repair the remote again to your TV.
How to Reset LG TV without Remote?
Following are the steps to reset LG TV without a remote.
- Unplug the TV AC power cord from the electrical socket.
- Simultaneously press and hold down the Power and volume down buttons on the TV.
- Continue to hold the buttons down until the green LED light appears.
- As the green light appears, release the buttons.
- Now, wait for a few minutes for the factory reset to take place.
- After the completion of the factory reset, a welcome screen will appear on your screen.
This article talked about the top 5 best LG universal remotes to help you choose one of these universal remotes for your needs. If you want to have a remote for home theater and movies, go through every detail mentioned here because different devices are designed per the needs of individuals. This way, you can make sure that you get a product that suits your requirements. We hope that our reviews will help you to choose the best universal remote control for your needs.