Kodi TV has been the most preferred option for many entertainment lovers who continuously look for shows and movies to blend themselves in. With Kodi, you can get all sorts of entertainment under one roof. Kodi Addon Repository comes with a library that offers you a complete package for fun, sports, movies, and TV shows. These add-ons can be installed from the Kodi app as and when desired. With a long list of Kodi Addons Repositories, it is important to know which add-on should you go ahead with. Look for add-ons that provide you with high-quality volume and have content that is popular and useful. If you are looking for some such kind of Kodi repositories, then this article is the perfect place you have come to.
What are Kodi Repositories?
Kodi repositories, more precisely, can be termed as the locations from which Kodi add-ons can be installed. A repository is more like a hub in Kodi that stores all the add-ons. These add-ons are the major source of viewing all the shows, movies, and other popular or trending videos. Repositories are like the app store in Android and Apple, from which various apps can be downloaded. To enhance the software’s overall workability and make the best out of it, these add-ons play a vital role. You can get a large list of Kodi TV Repositories that provide you with a number of choices to watch upon.
How to Install Repositories on Kodi?
If you wish to know how you can get a repository on Kodi, then here we are with a complete step-by-step guide.
1. The first step is to open the Kodi app and look for the “Settings” icon on the top left corner.
2. In the Settings menu, find the “File Manager” option and click on it.
3. The file manager window opens in which double click on “Add source,” and a pop-up window will appear.
4. In the pop-up window that appears, click on “None” and then enter the URL of the repository that you want to use. Click on “OK” once the URL is entered.
5. It will now ask you to enter any name for the source file. The window that opens types any name in the “Enter a name for this media source” tab. Now click “OK.”
6. Now come back to the Kodi home screen, and from the main menu, select “Add-ons.”
7. On the top left corner, click on the open box icon that is the “Package Installer.”
8. In the package installer menu, you might see several options. First, select “ Install from zip file.”
9. Find the zip file of the repository that you want to have. Look for the repository name and click on it to get the zip file. This will successfully add the repository to Kodi.
How to Remove Repositories from Kodi?
1. Go to the Kodi home menu and click “Add-ons” from the left pane.
2. The add-ons menu scroll down to select “My add-ons” as it appears on the left side of the screen.
3. To get the list of all the repositories or add-ons, select “All.”
4. Scroll down the list to find the particular add-on that you want to delete.
5. Right-click on that particular add-on and then select “Information.”
6. Find the “Uninstall” option to remove the repository from your device in the bottom right corner.
7. When the add-on uninstallation is finished, go back to the main menu and select the “Settings” menu.
8. From the list of options available, select “Media Settings.”
9. On the left side of the screen, bring your cursor over the “General” option.
10. A menu appears on the screen in which look for the “Show hidden files and directories” option and ensure that it is turned “On.”
11. Again get back to the main menu and open “File Manager” from the settings menu.
12. Choose “Profile directory” from the list of options available on the right side of the screen.
13. Now click on “addon_data” and scroll down to find the repository folder that you have just deleted.
14. Right-click on the desired add-on and then select “Delete.”
15. A warning message appears to ask you to delete the folder from your device completely. Click on “Yes” to finish the repository deletion process.
How to Fix “Could Not Connect To Repository” Error?
Kodi Repositories Not Working error has created trouble for many Kodi users while watching any show or movie. If you also face this error, trying out a few fixes might work for you.
Check the Internet Connection
When Kodi working repositories are obstructed or hindered, the first thing that you should do is to check the internet connection. It may seem to be quite obvious, but many times, this comes out to be the issue. Go to your web browser and try accessing any website. If you get a connection timed out error, turn the wifi router off and switch it on again after 5 minutes. Now check if the repositories are working properly or not.
Check the Repository URL
There is always a chance that you are getting a Kodi repository error due to the incorrect URL that you have entered. For example, a backslash error prevents the page from opening, or the URL in itself is not correct and thus gives an error. Also, ensure that the URL is working as sometimes the IP address of the URL is blocked or the server problem persists.
Use a VPN With Kodi
When you have installed an add-on on Kodi and are facing streaming issues, it might be possible due to a lack of VPN. There is a very high probability that the ISP is blocking the streaming request from your service provider. This can be overcome by using a VPN for Kodi. Getting a VPN keeps all the streaming requests safe and thus prevents the ISP from blocking them.
Update Kodi App
If you are troubled by the frequent crashing of the Kodi app, then getting the updated or latest version of Kodi is what you should go for. Check the version installed on your device and see if it is the latest one or not. If you haven’t updated it for a long time, it probably might be an older or obsolete version. Check for the updates and get the latest version of the Kodi app.
7 Top Repositories for Kodi
Superrepo is one of the most popular Kodi repositories that laced with all types of Kodi add-ons you might think of. It has a very attractive Kodi skin that makes it user-friendly and the most preferred choice for many users. The best thing that Superrepo comes with is that all the content is subdivided into different sub-repositories that makes it convenient to look for what you need. With more than 1700 add-ons, it offers about 1000 Kodi video add-ons for full-fledged entertainment.
Kodil repo comes up with add-ons of various genres that include movies, TV shows, news, sports, etc. You can even watch live movies and games with various add-ons. To make the repository user-friendly, all the add-ons are arranged in alphabetical order. Thus, you do not have to keep searching for your favorite add-on randomly. In addition, some popular add-ons like StreamHub, Fox Sports, Exodus, Covenant, etc., can be accessed with this best repo for Kodi.
This new Kodi repository provides access to live sports, live TV, music, TV shows, kids’ content, documentaries, and a lot more of your choice. If you are looking forward to a large movie collection, the Diamond Wizard is one of the perfect Kodi Movie Repositories that you might find. Without any kind of flaws, you can have all the entertainment just a click away.
Though it originates from a new developer in the industry, Kodibae has been extremely popular among Kodi users. Offering the most popular Kodi add-ons like Exodus and Covenant is one reason why this repository is getting so popular. Since many add-ons allow pirated content also, we recommend to get the legal add-ons. The popular Kodi add-ons that you can get on Kodibae are Exodus, Covenant, 9Anime, SportsDevil, etc.
If you are looking for some legal entertaining add-on on Kodi, then this Kodinerds.net is an ideal match for you. Kodinerds is originally from a German company, so most of the add-ons found are for German audiences. One can download these add-ons using a VPN as it provides safe and legal add-ons of different genres. Additionally, many of the official add-ons that are not found in the official Kodi repository can be found in this repository.
Ghost Repo is one of the best Kodi repositories owing to its large collection is sorted in a well-defined manner, making it user-friendly. Various categories such as IPTV, sports, music, kids, live TV can be accessed easily without any hassle. YouMusic, SportsDevil, Watchbox, Magenta Sport are some of the add-ons that this repository comes with.
Butter Fingers Repo
This Kodi repository is a perfect match for a Marvel and DC Comics fan. To keep you engaged with ample entertainment, this Kodi repository provides sufficient videos and shows for you to watch. Various kinds of genres like movies, kids, live TV, DIY projects, sports, and many more can be found in this Kodi repository. With constant updating, this repository keeps on bringing all the updated content and shows that you might be looking for.
What Happens if your Kodi has Dead Repositories?
Dead repositories often lead to some legal trouble. So, you need to know how to avoid the dead repository security risk on Kodi before they cause any problem. Those repository links need to be removed as they might create some security threat if the inactive links are retained. Some other companies may buy the inactive or dead repository domain and set up their own URL. It might also contain some illegal content that you are unaware of. You can also collect your IP address and data in such cases, and it can be misused. Thus, we recommend to remove any inactive or dead repository immediately.
Different Kodi repositories provide various add-ons that offer unlimited entertainment to its users. These add-ons have several TV shows and videos from all genres that people might search for. Knowing all about various Kodi Addon Repositories can be quite helpful if you wish to have some of the best add-ons. To make things easier, we have developed a Kodi repositories list that are most prevalent for complete entertainment.