Roku is a hardware digital media player brand working in America. This company has been in the market for around 13 years. They offer access to stream media content from various online services. With Roku, it is easy and affordable to watch your favourite TV shows. Roku TVs are updated just like streaming devices using which you can stream anything over the internet and watch live TV. The following article will tell you how to find Roku IP address by following a series of steps. It is important to know your IP address as it is the key that lets you connect your computer or device to the internet and other computers. IP addresses are valid for all your internet-based activities.
What is my Roku IP Address?
An IP address is a series of numbers separated by periods. This is unique for every device as it helps to identify the device on the internet. Roku IP address helps your device to communicate with the local area network and connects it to Wi-Fi. My Roku IP address is used to give a unique identity to your Roku device and connect it to the internet.
How do I find my Roku IP Address?
To know where is the IP address on a Roku TV, follow any of the below given methods. Even if you don’t have the remote, you can check the IP address as mentioned in some methods below.
Method 1: How to find IP Address on Roku with Remote Control?
1. First, switch on your TV and go to the main screen of your TV.
2. Now from the Roku’s main screen, select Settings. The settings option will be available in the bottom left corner.
3. After opening Settings, you will see a bunch of options. From those options, select the Network.
4. From the Network’s menu, click on the first option, which is “About”.
5. The About screen shows you the Roku 1 IP address of your TV on your screen. Along with that, it shows various other details about the product.
Method 2: How to find Roku IP Address without Remote or Wifi? (Using Mobile App)
If you do not have access to your remote control, you can easily find Roku’s IP address using the mobile phone app. If you’ve installed and set up the Roku app, then you’re just a few steps away from your Roku TV IP address. Follow the steps given below to find your IP address using the mobile app.
1. To begin with, open the Roku app on your phone.
2. When you open the mobile app, you will see a gear icon at the top right corner of your screen; tap it. It will open settings.
3. Now from the available screen, click on “System Info” and you will be displayed with various information about the Roku system.
Method 3: How to find Roku 3 IP Address using Web Browser?
Another way on how to find Roku IP address is by adding an extension to your chrome browser called Remoku. Though Remoku isn’t a perfect solution as it is not compatible with every device of Roku and users’ complaints that it fails to work intermittently. But if you’re left with no other option then it’s worth a try. Follow the steps mentioned below to find the IP address for Roku without a remote or mobile app.
1. First, start your laptop or computer and open the chrome browser. If you do not have it installed then you have to install it first.
2. Then go to the Remoku extension in the chrome web store present in the bookmarks bar of your browser and install the extension by clicking “add to chrome”.
3. There will come a pop-up, asking you to confirm, click on “Add extension” to confirm it.
4. Once the extension is installed its icon (a small black square with an R in it) will appear on the top right corner of your screen. Click on the extension to open the app.
5. Once you open the app, click on settings. A drop-down menu will appear.
6. Assuming that you have a standard home network i.e., your networks begin with 192.168.1, click on Scan. If your networks have a different IP address format, make sure you change it before scanning.
7. After that, wait till the app scans every IP address on your network to find Roku. This might take around 2-3 minutes.
8. Once the scan is complete, it will show you the IP address of the Roku device.
Method 4: Finding Roku 2 IP Address using Router
You can also find Roku’s IP address using your router if you prefer a more direct approach. Generally, routers have a list of the IP addresses of all the connected devices, but then it depends on your router. If you wish to find Roku 2 IP address using your router, follow the steps:
- Start your laptop and run your web browser. In your web browser, look for a page “admins interface”, generally present at your router’s IP address.
- It will either ask you to sign in with your credentials, or you might directly see a list of all connected devices to your router.
- You can find your Roku device in the list with their respective names and followed by their IP address.
- If you do not see any Roku device, then look for a column “MAC address”. Click on that, and information about your device will appear on your screen.
- If you still cannot find your Roku device IP address, find it using your remote or mobile app.
Method 5: Roku IP Address with Serial Number
To find Roku IP address with serial number, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Turn on your TV, and go to the home screen.
- On the left side of the TV, you will see a Settings option. Tap on it to open settings.
- Now among settings, look for Network and open it.
- In the networking section, you will see an About section containing all the details of your Roku device there.
- It will have your serial number and IP address as well. If it is not there, or your IP address is public, you can call customer care and check your IP address by telling them your serial number.
Method 6: Roku Stick IP Address
Finding a Roku sticks IP address is no different from finding any other Roku device IP address. Follow the simple steps given below:
- Firstly, connect your phone with the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku stick.
- Now go to the phone’s settings and click on Wi-Fi network.
- The details of the Wi-Fi network will display on your screen, including the IP address. This IP address will be the same for your Roku stick as well.
- Verify that the first number of your mobile phone and Roku Stick match.
In the article, we have mentioned various ways to check your IP address on Roku TV. Along with that, there are several other things you need to know, like how to find it using a serial number or if you’ve lost the Roku remote. All the details have been mentioned in the article above. Read all the instructions carefully and follow the mentioned steps. You won’t face any difficulty if you follow the given procedure and do it as asked.