Amazon Firestick is a streaming device used to stream TV shows, movies, apps, games, etc. The device is very powerful and portable, but sometimes Firestick won’t connect to Wifi. As a result, firestick users often face screen freezing, screen blackout, app-related issues, audio and video problems, glitches, crashes, etc. However, many factors are responsible for your Firestick problems. You can fix some problems by simply restarting your Firestick whereas complicated problems require you to remove HDMI cables, ports, power socket, fix screen resolution or check Wifi network, etc. This guide gives you an overview of the problems and solutions to fix your Amazon Fire Stick streaming issues.
Why is My Firestick Not Working?
As mentioned earlier, various aspects are responsible for the improper functioning of your Amazon FireStick. For example, it may be due to environmental factors, improper connections, bad internet connectivity, etc. In addition, factors like poor wifi connection, troublesome Firestick remote, pairing issues, screen mirroring issues, buffering issues, app crashes, improper connection of HDMI ports and cables, damaged motherboard, insufficient power supply, incorrect resolution, etc. Hence, it is required to troubleshoot where the problem lies and solve them.
11 Ways to Solve Amazon Firestick Stopped Working Problem
There are many Amazon Firestick Troubleshooting ways to fix your Firestick. By following these steps, you can fix your Firestick problems all by yourself without any technical support. They are as follows –
Method 1 : Reboot Your Amazon Firestick
Is your Amazon Firestick down? This is probably the easiest way to solve the issues of your Firestick. The Amazon Firestick will always be connected to your TV. However, a simple reboot can fix many issues with your Firestick. Here is a step by step description on how to reboot Firestick:
1. Click on the settings on the top right corner in the main menu.
2. Now, scroll through the right and click on ‘My Fire TV’.
3. Scroll down and click on ‘Restart’.
4. Or else, you can even try another method to restart if still your Amazon Firestick not connecting.
5. Hold the select and press the play/pause button on your Firestick remote simultaneously for five seconds to restart your Firestick.
6. Also, you can restart your Firestick by simply removing the power supply, thus automatically rebooting your Firestick.
Method 2 : Solve Screen Mirroring Issues
If you face any screen mirroring issues, then ensure that your device is compatible with the Firestick. Usually, iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, and Mac are not compatible with the Firestick. It is required to use an android device with android version 4.2 or above.
- Hold the home button on your Amazon Firestick remote.
- Scroll through the right and press on the ‘Mirroring’ and pair your android device.
Method 3 : Check Your Internet Connection
If your Amazon Firestick is not connecting, then there are big chances that your Firestick network might be disconnected. It may be because of the bad internet connection, password issue, insufficient power, and so on. So, it is required to solve your internet issues which automatically solves your Firestick not working problem.
- Make sure that your internet connection is good. Otherwise, contact your ISP to fix your internet.
- Attain a good signal strength by moving your router closer to the Amazon Firestick.
- Ensure that your modem and router are compatible with the Amazon Firestick.
- Go to Settings<Network<Select your Wifi network<Click on ‘Forget the Network’. After some time, reconnect to the Wifi network again.
- Connect your ethernet wire properly to the ethernet port.
Method 4 : Reset Your Apps
Are your Amazon Firestick Apps not working? If apps frequently crash on your Firestick, it is recommended to reset the apps by clearing the data and cache files. Check out the detailed illustration of how to reset Firestick:
1. Go to the Settings on the top right corner of the home screen.
2. Now, click on the ‘Applications’ and go to the ‘Manage Installed Applications.’
3. Reset the Apps that are frequently crashing.
4. Also, clear the cache of that app to remove the temp files, which helps troubleshoot and increases your firestick’s performance.
5. Clear the data for resetting the application to scratch.
6. If the app still crashes, then uninstall it and download it again from the Amazon store.
Method 5 : Install Latest Updates of Your Amazon Firestick
If your Amazon Firestick crashes too frequently, you can fix this problem by updating the firestick. Like our smartphones, updating the firestick software can fix glitches, bugs and improve your firestick experience.
1. Click on the Settings on your home screen.
2. Select ‘My Fire TV’ in between accessibility and preferences.
3. Click on ‘About’ and choose ‘Install Update’ to update your firestick.
Method 6 : Factory Reset Your Amazon Firestick
1. Click on the Settings on your main menu.
2. Go to the right and click on ‘My Fire TV’.
3. Go to the bottom and click on ‘Reset To Factory Defaults’.
4. Now, click on ‘Reset’ to reset your Amazon Firestick completely.
5. After the reset, your Firestick restores the software to its original state, and you can start using it as usual.
Method 7 : Check your HDMI cables and ports
Is your Amazon FireStick down? The chances are that there might be an error with HDMI cables and ports. Check whether your HDMI ports and cable are firmly connected such that any loose connection can make your Firestick network disconnected.
- Make sure that the HDMI cable is firmly connected to the HDMI port.
- Plug your firestick into the power brick that came in the firestick box.
- Use an HDMI cable with a 13 pin remote control.
- Exchange the connection between HDMI cables and ports.
Method 8 : Fix The Screen Resolution
Inadequate resolution may also be the cause for the incomplete filling of the screen. Therefore, it is better to set the right resolution on your Amazon Firestick.
- Press and hold the back and rewind button for 10 seconds which restarts your Amazon Firestick.
- Now, press select to change the resolution.
- Select the right resolution and save the changes.
Method 9 : Check Your Firestick Remote
Unlike TV remotes, the Firestick remote drains a lot of battery. Therefore, if your Firestick remote is not functioning, then there might be a chance that your remote ran out of power, and it doesn’t give any alert. Also, if your Amazon Fire stick remote buttons are not working and your Firestick is not responding, it may be because your Fire TV Stick is not properly paired with the remote. In order to fix this issue, you should reboot the remote and re-pair it again.
- Go to the settings from your home screen.
- Click on remotes and Bluetooth devices in the options menu.
- Choose the Amazon Fire TV Remotes option.
- Check the battery percentage of your remote.
- If it’s low, then replace your batteries.
- Now, press and hold the home button for 10 seconds.
- Pair your remote with the Firestick.
Method 10 : Check Your Firestick Audio
- Switch your audio to the default settings if your external speakers are not compatible with the firestick.
- If the above way does not work, go to the audio settings and turn off the Dolby Digital Plus.
- Check whether all the connections of your external speakers are fine.
Method 11 : Solve Buffering Issues
Buffering is a common problem that Firestick users often face. If your Amazon Firestick keeps buffering, then it might be due to hardware limitations, ISP issues, slow wifi network, ineffective remote server, and so on.
1. Go to the settings on your home screen.
2. Click on Preferences by moving to the right.
3. Now, go to the Data Monitoring options.
4. Select the Data Monitoring, and it will be turned off.
5. This saves your data and helps to run the content smoothly.
The Amazon Firestick is a quite powerful and reliable device used to do many things like streaming movies, TV shows, apps, browsing, etc. But, it often stops working due to many aspects that are mentioned above. You can fix these issues by simple techniques like rebooting the firestick, resetting apps, or factory reset. However, if the issue is complicated, you may need to check the physical connections, display resolution, or network. Even though you cannot solve the issue, it is better to contact Amazon Firestick customer care, and the technicians will come to your home. They troubleshoot and solve the issues very quickly.